Curiosity Quotes

I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity.  ~Eleanor Roosevelt


Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton asked why.  ~Bernard Baruch


The cure for boredom is curiosity.  There is no cure for curiosity.  ~Dorothy Parker  (Thanks, Kaitlin)


I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way.  ~Franklin P. Adams


I have no special talents.  I am only passionately curious.  ~Albert Einstein


Be curious always!  For knowledge will not acquire you; you must acquire it.  ~Sudie Back


Curiosity is a willing, a proud, an eager confession of ignorance.  ~S. Leonard Rubinstein, Writing: A Habit of Mind


The important thing is not to stop questioning.  Curiosity has its own reason for existing.  One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality.  ~Albert Einstein


Curiosity will conquer fear even more than bravery will.  ~James Stephens, The Crock of Gold


Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly.  ~Arnold Edinborough


Curiosity is only vanity.  Most frequently we wish not to know, but to talk.  We would not take a sea voyage for the sole pleasure of seeing without hope of ever telling.  ~Blaise Pascal, Pensées


While I find that I can keep my nose out of other people's business, I do have a curiosity as to their non-business activities. ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com


I keep six honest serving-men,
They taught me all I knew;
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.
~Rudyard Kipling


Curiosity is little more than another name for Hope.  ~Augustus William Hare and Julius Charles Hare, Guesses at Truth, by Two Brothers, 1827


If you read someone else's diary, you get what you deserve.  ~David Sedaris


There are no foolish questions, and no man becomes a fool until he has stopped asking questions.  ~Charles Proteus Steinmetz


The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder.  ~Ralph W. Sockman


The one real object of education is to have a man in the condition of continually asking questions.  ~Bishop Mandell Creighton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Like Box Widget