Broken Heart Quotes

Broken Heart Quotes

  • “I don’t know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every other part of my body is broken too.”
    - Missy Altijd
  • “God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces.”
    - Author Unknown
  • “To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful.”
    - Bess Myerson
  • “Love is unconditional, relationships are not.”
    - Grant Gudmundson
  • “Sadness flies away on the wings of time.”
    - Jean de La Fontaine
  • “It hurts to breathe because every breath I take proves I can’t live without you.”
    - Author Unknown
  • “God is closest to those with broken hearts.”
    - Jewish Saying
  • “Sadness flies on the wings of the morning and out of the heart of darkness comes the light.”
    - Jean Giraudoux
  • “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.”
    - Lamartine
  • “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    - Marcus Aurelius
  • “…Lost in your heart, lost in your eyes
    Lost every day, no map to follow
    Entire days, weeks, a blur
    Flickers of light, in the darkness,
    Only to be enveloped in shadows once more…”
    - Peter Winstanley
  • “In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.”
    - Mignon McLaughlin
  • “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.”
    - Richard Wilbur
  • “A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.”
    - Author Unknown
  • “Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal a bit, and you just pull the scar off of it over and over again.”
    - Rosa Parks
  • “I hate the day, because it lendeth light
    To see all things, but not my love to see.”
    - Edmund Spenser
  • “Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.”
    - Author Unknown
  • “If we must part forever,
    Give me but one kind word to think upon,
    And please myself with, while my heart’s breaking.”
    - Thomas Otway
  • “Walking, working, barely breathing
    My thoughts, far away
    Heart aching, mind racing
    Sleep does not come easily, nor last long…”
    - Peter Winstanley
  • “If someone you love hurts you cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.”
    - Unknown Author
  • What is the opposite of two?  A lonely me, a lonely you.  ~Richard Wilbur
  • Sometimes I wish I were a little kid again, skinned knees are easier to fix than broken hearts. ~Author Unknown
  • Giving up doesn’t always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go.  ~Author Unknown
  • aloneonbeach-webSadness flies away on the wings of time.
    ~Jean de La Fontaine
  • I don’t know why they call it heartbreak.  It feels like every other part of my body is broken too.  ~Missy Altijd
  • Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night.  
  • I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay
  • Have you ever been hurt and the place tries to heal a bit, and you just pull the scar off of it over and over again.  ~Rosa Parks
  • Sadness flies on the wings of the morning and out of the heart of darkness comes the light. ~Jean Giraudoux
  • Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.  ~Lamartine
  • I thought when love for you died, I should die. It’s dead.Alone, most strangely, I live on. ~Rupert Brooke
  • sadsilhouette-webWhen love is lost, do not bow your head in sadness; instead keep your head up high and gaze into heaven for that is where your broken heart has been sent to heal.  ~Author Unknown
  • I hate the day, because it lendeth light
    To see all things, but not my love to see. ~Edmund Spenser
  • Love is like a puzzle.  When you’re in love, all the pieces fit but when your heart gets broken, it takes a while to get everything back together.  ~Author Unknown
  • [A] final comfort that is small, but not cold:  The heart is the only broken instrument that works. ~T.E. Kalem
  • If we must part forever,
    Give me but one kind word to think upon,
    And please myself with, while my heart’s breaking.
    ~Thomas Otway
  • Bad as I like ye, it’s worse without ye. ~Irish Proverb
  • Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall.  Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll.  ~Author Unknown
  • Yet leave me not; yet, if thou wilt, be free;
    Love me no more, but love my love of thee.
    ~Algernon Charles Swinburne
  • Don’t worry about losing.  If it is right, it happens
    The Main thing is not to hurry.
    Nothing good gets away.  ~John Steinbeck
  • My love lies bleeding. ~Thomas Campbell
  • God is closest to those with broken hearts.  ~Jewish Saying
  • Ask me why I keep on loving you when it’s clear that you don’t feel the same way for me… the problem is that as much as I can’t force you to love me, I can’t force myself to stop loving you.
    ~Author Unknown
  • I am tired, Beloved, of chafing my heart against the want of you;
    of squeezing it into little inkdrops, and posting it.~Amy Lowell, “The Letter”
    It’s not love’s going hurts my days, But that it went in little ways.
    ~Edna St. Vincent Millay
  • I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had.  ~From the television show The Wonder Years
  • My joy was skipping
    Around our love
    It tripped.~Valentine Sterling
  • They say that time heals all wounds but all it’s done so far is give me more time to think about how much I miss you.  ~E. Wilder
  • Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love. ~Charlie Brown
  • Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.  ~J.K. Rowling
  • Yes, I will go.  I would rather grieve over your absence than over you. ~Antonio Porchia, Voces
  • Maid of Athens, ere we part, Give, oh give me back my heart!
    ~George Gordon, Lord Byron, “Maid of Athens”
  • rainbow-webLet no one who loves be unhappy… even love unreturned has its rainbow. ~James Matthew Barrie
  • As soon as forever is through, I’ll be over you.  ~Toto
  • Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.  ~Kay Knudsen
  • All days are nights to see till I see thee,
    And nights bright days when dreams do show thee to me.
    ~William Shakespeare, “Sonnet XLIII”
  • Can miles truly separate you from friends…. If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there?  ~Richard Bach
  • If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden. ~Claudia Ghandi
  • Within you I lose myself…
    Without you I find myself
    Wanting to be lost again.~Author Unknown
  • Parting is all we know of heaven and all we need to know of hell. ~Emily Dickinson,
  • deadtreebluesky-webGone – flitted away, Taken the stars from the night and the sun
    From the day! Gone, and a cloud in my heart. ~Alfred Tennyson
  • What is the opposite of two?  A lonely me, a lonely you.
    ~Richard Wilbur
  • No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.  ~Robert Southey
  • Your absence has gone through me
    Like thread through a needle
    Everything I do is stitched with its color.
    ~W.S. Merwin
  • Absence from whom we love is worse than death, and frustrates hope severer than despair.  ~William Cowper
  • Thou art gone from my gaze like a beautiful dream.
    And I seek thee in vain by the meadow and stream.
    ~George Linley
  • Love reckons hours for months, and days for years; and every little absence is an age.  ~John Dryden
  • aboutadog-webLife is so short, so fast the lone hours fly,
    We ought to be together, you and I.
    ~Henry Alford
  • Every parting is a form of death, as every reunion is a type of heaven.  ~Tryon Edwards
  • As contraries are known by contraries, so is the delight of presence best known by the torments of absence. ~Alcibiades
  • In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.  ~Hans Nouwens
  • I think about you constantly, whether it’s with my mind or my heart. ~Albany Bach Reid
  • You left, and my heart is a ceaseless sermon of loneliness.  ~Jaesse Tyler
  • I dropped a tear in the ocean.  The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you. ~Author Unknown
  • To die and part is a less evil; but to part and live, there, there is the torment.  ~George Lansdowne
  • In the hope to meet
    Shortly again, and make our absence sweet.
    ~Ben Jonson
  • sadangel-webThe joy of meeting pays the pangs of absence; else who could bear it?  ~Nicholas Rowe
  • We only part to meet again. ~John Gay
  • Don’t be dismayed by good-byes.  A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.  And meeting again after moments or a lifetime is certain for those who are friends.  ~Richard Bach
  • Missing you could turn from pain to pleasure, if I knew you were missing me too. ~Author Unknown
  • Absence diminishes little passions and increases great ones, as the wind extinguishes candles and fans a fire.  ~Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld
  • The eternal quest of the individual human being is to shatter his loneliness. ~Norman Cousins
  • It is loneliness that makes the loudest noise.  This is true of men as of dogs.  ~Eric Hoffer
  • I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart so long.  If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can play together all night.
    ~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes
  • The sorrow which has no vent in tears may make other organs weep.
    ~Henry Maudsley
  • When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran
  • Let your tears come.  Let them water your soul.  ~Eileen Mayhew
  • Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion.  I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning up to do afterward. ~Kurt Vonnegut
  • blkwhitesadgirl-webHeaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts.
    ~Charles Dickens, Great Expectations, 1860
  • The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.
    ~John Vance Cheney
  • Tearless grief bleeds inwardly.  ~Christian Nevell Bovee
  • Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed. ~Natalie Clifford Barney
  • To weep is to make less the depth of grief.
    ~William Shakespeare, King Henry the Sixth
  • Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart don’t know how to laugh either. ~Golda Meir
  • Tears are Summer showers to the soul.  ~Alfred Austin, Savonarola
  • Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion. ~Steel Magnolias
  • What soap is for the body, tears are for the soul.  ~Jewish Proverb
  • I like the snot to run a little, the tears to accumulate a bit before reaching for the handkerchief.  Then I know I’m really crying.  Crying just isn’t crying unless it’s messy. ~D.H. Mondfleur
  • I often want to cry.  That is the only advantage women have over men – at least they can cry.  ~Jean Rhys
  • It is such a secret place, the land of tears. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery, The Little Prince
  • I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive.  Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note – torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one.  ~Henry Ward Beecher
  • Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast. ~Marlene Dietrich
  • To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.  ~Lewis B. Smedes,
  • Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. ~Paul Boese
  • Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.  ~Antoine Rivarol
  • If you can’t forgive and forget, pick one.
    ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com
  • He who cannot forgive breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass.  ~George Herbert
  • There’s no point in burying a hatchet if you’re going to put up a marker on the site. ~Sydney Harris
  • Without forgiveness life is governed by… an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation.  ~Roberto Assagioli
  • Never does the human soul appear so strong as when it forgoes revenge, and dares forgive an injury. ~E.H. Chapin
  • Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde
  • Never waste jealousy on a real man:  it is the imaginary man that supplants us all in the long run. ~George Bernard Shaw
  • In jealousy there is more self-love than love.
    ~François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld
  • It is not love that is blind, but jealousy. ~Lawrence Durrell
  • The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.  ~William Penn
  • Lips that taste of tears, they say,
    Are the best for kissing.~Dorothy Parker
  • Love looks through a telescope; envy, through a microscope.  ~Josh Billings
  • Envy is the art of counting the other fellow’s blessings instead of your own. ~Harold Coffin
  • Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.  ~Mark Twain
  • As iron is eaten by rust, so are the envious consumed by envy. ~Antisthenes
  • It is some relief to weep; grief is satisfied and carried off by tears.  ~Ovid
  • Tears are the silent language of grief. ~Voltaire
  • Anger and jealousy can no more bear to lose sight of their objects than love.  ~George Eliot
  • Jealousy is a crutch. ~C. Astrid Weber
  • Envy is the most stupid of vices, for there is no single advantage to be gained from it.  ~Honore de Balzac
  • Forgiveness is a funny thing.  It warms the heart and cools the sting. ~William Arthur Ward
  • The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea.  ~Isak Dinesen
  • Trifles light as air
    Are to the jealous confirmations strong
    As proofs of holy writ.~William Shakespeare, Othello
  • The jealous bring down the curse they fear upon their own heads.
    ~Dorothy Dix
  • Envy is ignorance. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • O! beware, my lord, of jealousy;
    It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
    The meat it feeds on.~William Shakespeare, Othello
  • I heard the teardrop hit my pillow before I even knew I was crying. ~Amborella Oltre
  • Envy assails the noblest:  the winds howl around the highest peaks.  ~Ovid
  • The truest mark of being born with great qualities is being born without envy. ~Francois Duc de la Rochefoucauld
  • The weak can never forgive.  Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.  ~Mahatma Gandhi
  • Jealousy, that dragon which slays love under the pretense of keeping it alive. ~Havelock Ellis
  • If envy were a fever, all the world would be ill.  ~Danish Proverb
  • No matter who broke your heart, or how long it takes to heal, you’ll never get through it without your friends.
  • Take away love and our earth is a tomb.
  • When you break up, your whole identity is shattered. You are no longer alive.
  • I don’t miss him, I miss who I thought he was.
  • It’s hard to tell your mind to stop loving someone when your heart still does.
  • Jealousy injures us with the dagger of self-doubt.  ~Leslie Grimutter
  • If someone you love hurts you cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it.
  • Never be sad for what is over, just be glad that it was once yours.
  • Pity is for the living, envy is for the dead. ~Mark Twain
  • Time goes by a lot slower when you miss the one you love.
  • A day without you is like a day without sunshine… I miss you…
  • Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
  • You may be out of my sight… but never out of my mind… I Miss You!
  • Although we’ve come to the end of the road, still I can’t let you go, it’s unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you .
  • When I miss you, I don’t have to go far … I just have to look inside my heart because that’s where I’ll find you.
  • Forgive all who have offended you, not for them, but for yourself.
    ~Harriet Nelson
  • Why is it that when you miss someone so much that your heart is ready to disintegrate, you hear the saddest song on the radio?
  • Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.”~Washington Irving
  • An act of love that fails is just as much a part of the divine life as an act of love that succeeds, for love is measured by fullness, not by reception.
    ~Harold Lokes
  • The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you.
    Anonymous
  • You never lose by loving. You always lost by holding back.
    Anon
  • Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.~Kahlil Gibran
  • Jealousy… is a mental cancer. ~B.C. Forbes
  • Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
    ~Anais Nin
  • Hearts are not had as a gift, But hearts are earned…
    ~William Butler Yeats
  • It is better to have loved and lost than never to have lost at all.
    ~Samuel Butler
  • Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.~Washington Irving
  • Love seeketh not itself to please, nor for itself hath any care, but for another gives its ease, and builds a Heaven in Hell’s despair.~William Blake
  • Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes… just be an illusion.
    ~Javan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Like Box Widget