Love Quotes

Love Quotes

Famous Love Quotes
Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never… never forget it.
Curtis Judalet
Love is always bestowed as a gift – freely, willingly and without expectation. We don’t love to be loved; we love to love.
Leo Buscaglia
Love is like a roller coaster,
Once you have completed the ride,
you want to go again.
Unknown
Love is the only way to grasp another human being in the innermost core of his personality.
Viktor E. Frankl
Love at first sight is often cured by a second look.
Love is sweet when it’s new, but sweeter when it’s true.
Love is like a butterfly, it settles upon you when you least expect it.
Love is the hardest habit to break, and the most difficult to satisfy.
Drew Marrymore
Love is like a glass door… sometimes you don’t see it, and it smacks you right in your face.
Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
Anonymous
Forever is not a word…rather a place where two lovers go when true love takes them there.
Unknown
One’s first love is always perfect until one meets one’s second love.
Elizabeth Aston
Where the sacred laws of honour are once invaded, love makes the easier conquest.
Addison
Ancient lovers believed a kiss would literally unite their souls, because the spirit was said to be carried in one’s breath.
Eve Glicksman
Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do.
Myrtle Auvil
When they asked me what I loved most about life, I smiled and said you.
Unknown
There are very few people who are not ashamed of having been in love when they no longer love each other.
Francois
I have learned not to worry about love;
But to honor its coming with all my heart.
Alice Walker
I speak in hugs & kisses because true love never misses I will lead or follow to be with you tomorrow. Unknown
One does not fall “in” or “out” of love. One grows in love.
Leo Buscaglia
Love appears in moments, how long can I hold a moment, as my moment fades, I yearn to catch sight or sound of you, to feel the surging of my heart erupt into joyous sounds of laughter.
Chris Watson
However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship.
Unknown
Within you, I lose myself. Without you,
I find myself wanting to be lost again.
Unknown
We don’t believe in rheumatism and true love until after the first attack.
Marie E. Eschenbach
Love is the only satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.
Erich Fromm
Love is a puzzle posed by the emotions and not likely to be solved by reason.
Anon
Love is hard to get into, but even harder to get out of.
Unknown
They say love is blind…and marriage is an institution. Well, I’m not ready for an institution for the blind just yet.
Mae West
Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.
Unknown
Love gives light even in the darkest tunnel.
Anonymous
Love is always within. When you try to dramatize your love, you lose the depth of the love.
Charan Singh
The act of love . . . is a confession. Selfishness screams aloud, vanity shows off, or else true generosity reveals itself.
Albert Camus
To love is to admire with the heart:
to admire is to love with the mind.
Theophile Gautier
If you love someone you would be willing to give up everything for them, but if they loved you back they’d never ask you to.
Anon
Love, like a mountain-wind upon an oak, falling upon me, shakes me leaf and bough.
Sappho
If love is a game, it has to be the hardest game in the world. After all, how can anyone win a game where there are no rules?
CODY MEYERS
If you have love in your life it can make up for a great many things you lack. If you don’t have it, no matter what else there is, it’s not enough.
Ann Landers
To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful. ~Bess Myerson
A life with love will have some thorns, but a life without love will have no roses.~Anonymous
Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears. ~Marcus Aurelius
The greatest pain that comes from love is loving someone you can never have. ~Anonymous
Trying to forget someone you love is like trying to remember someone you never knew. ~Anonymous
The stupidest mistake in life is thinking the one who hurt you the most, won’t hurt you again. ~Anonymous
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost. ~Anonymous
Love is unconditional, relationships are not. ~Grant Gudmundson
For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, “It might have been.” ~John Greenleaf Whittier
Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
~Anonymous
Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. ~Kahlil Gibran
I love to shop after a bad relationship. I don’t know. I buy a new outfit and it makes me feel better. It just does. Sometimes I see a really great outfit, I’ll break up with someone on purpose. ~Rita Rudner
The hottest love has the coldest end. ~Socrates
It takes a couple seconds to say Hello, but forever to say Goodbye. ~Anonymous
Take away love and our earth is a tomb. ~Robert Browning
And I shall find some girl perhaps, and a better one than you,
With eyes as wise, but kindlier, and lips as soft, but true,
and I daresay she will do. ~Rupert Brooke
Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together. ~Anonymous
The heart was made to be broken. ~Oscar Wilde
A mighty pain to love it is, And ’tis a pain that pain to miss;
But of all pains, the greatest pain, It is to love, but love in vain.

~Abraham Cowley
The saddest thing in the world, is loving someone who used to love you.
Anonymous
I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken — and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as I lived. ~Margaret Mitchell
Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.
~Anais Nin
Infantile love follows the principle: ‘I love because I am loved.’
Mature love follows the principle: ‘I am loved because I love.’
Immature love says: ‘I love you because I need you.’
Mature love says: ‘I need you because I love you.’”

~Erich Fromm
May all living beings be well, happy, peaceful and prosperous. May no harm come to them, may no difficulty come to them, may they always meet with success. ~Buddhist prayer of compassion

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Like Box Widget